2019 TURKEY TROT
Registration for the 17th Annual Thanksgiving Day Run/Walk to benefit the Epilepsy Foundation of Michigan will begin online August 14, 2019 at 5 pm. The race will take place on November 21, 2019 and is set to start at the Summit on the Park, located at 46000 Summit Parkway, Canton MI. The 1 mile walk will begin at 9 am and the 5K at 9:30 am. The race will conclude with refreshments and run awards. Register by November 8 to guarantee receiving a race T-Shirt; extra T-Shirts may be available on a first come, first serve during Pre-Race Day Pick Up on November 20 from 3 to 6 p.m. at the Summit.
Location: Summit on the Park, 46000 Summit Parkway, Canton MI 48188
All proceeds benefit the Epilepsy Foundation of Michigan. The Epilepsy Foundation of Michigan is dedicated to empowering individuals with seizure management tools. We invite you to take a look at how our programs and services demonstrate that commitment. Your participation in last year's event helped to raise over $14,000 for the Epilepsy Foundation of Michigan.
Interested in becoming a Sponsor? Area businesses and corporations are encouraged to click the following link to learn about different levels of support, as well as in-kind and financial sponsorship opportunities.
Online registration open until Monday, November 18, 2019 at 12:00 am. Onsite registration will be accepted during packet pick-up times.
- Online Registration: online registration open now; online donations also accepted
- In Person Registration: available at the Summit on the Park and Canton Sports Center
- Please note!! That registration closes on Monday, November 18 at 12 am and will re-open November 20 at 3 pm at the Summit on the Park in the BALLROOM, located at 46000 Summit Parkway. For more information, call the Canton Sports Center at 734/483-5600.
This year's race starts at the Summit on the Park and loops through the surrounding neighborhood, golf course and park. The closest parking lots include the Summit on the Park east/west lots, the Pheasant Run Golf Club and Canton Public Library.
- 1 Mile Race: 9 am Start on the north side of the Summit on the Park Ballroom
- 5K Race: 9:30 am Start west parking lot of the Summit on the Park. We ask that runners line up in-front and walkers toward the back. Strollers are permitted on the course but should start in the back. Pets are not permitted on the course (Service Dogs are allowed).
- Course Signage: Cones will be used for straight portions of the course, while flags and signs will indicate major turns.
- Turkey Trot 5K Course Map and Parking
- Summit East parking lot - building entrance will be open
- Summit Main parking lot
- Summit/Pheasant Run overflow (grass lot)
- Pheasant Run parking lot
Timing and Results
The 5K race will be chip timed with a mat at the start and at the finish line. This means that your time starts when you cross the starting line mat.
This year's RACE RAFFLE will be drawn from all registered runners by Monday, November 19th. The raffle winners will be contacted on Tuesday, November 20 and PRIZE PICK-UP will be available at Bib pick up on Wednesday thru 15 minutes prior to the start of the race on Thanksgiving morning. ANY unclaimed prizes will be randomly distributed at the Race Finish Line.
Overall Race Winner, as well as, awards for 1st place Male and Female racers will be crowned in the following categories: 14 and under, 15 to 19, 20 to 29, 30 to 39, 40 to 49, 50 to 59, 60 to 69, 70 and up. Prizes to be announced.
Congratulations to all of our 2018 Runners! Please click on the link below for all of the 2018 race results. Thank you for participating in the race and we look forward to seeing you again next year on November 28, 2019.
Congratulations to all of our 2017 Runners! Please visit the Run Michigan link for a complete list of 2017 race results. We look forward to seeing you again next year on November 22, 2018.
Pre/Post Event Information
Pick-up will be available at the Summit Grand Ballroom (46000 Summit Parkway, Canton, 48188) on Wednesday, November 21 from 3-6 pm and re-opens Thanksgiving morning at 8 am in the Maple/Oak Room. T-shirt guarantee is for runners/walkers who registered by Thursday, November 8.
POST RACE EVENTS
After the race stick around to enjoy music, snacks and refreshments.
Health and Safety
If inclement Weather prohibits the race from starting at 9:30 am, the race will be delayed until it has cleared the area. Participants will be asked to seek shelter in the Summit on the Park.
HEALTH AND SAFETY INFORMATION
It is important to stay safe, hydrated and warm during outdoor fall events. Water stations will be placed along the course. Please wear proper clothing and footwear for this outdoor walk/run. If at any time you need medical assistance, please let any staff member or volunteer know. Public Safety will be present at the event to assist with any emergencies.
Questions About the Event
Please contact the Canton Sports Center Staff for more information related to the Turkey Trot.
- Prior to the race: 734/483-5600
- Race day: 734/394-5460