Canton Leisure Services is proud to present Camp Canton, a week-long day camp licensed by the State of Michigan. A summer full of excitement and fun is expected for all. Our goal is to provide each and every child with opportunities that include developing social skills, to build lasting relationships with campers and staff alike, and to have an experience like none other. At Camp Canton we spend our days swimming, creating, reading, and playing sports and games.
Camp Withdrawal Form: If you are unable to attend summer camp please refer to the Camp Withdrawal Form (PDF) Opens in New Window for the guidelines to remove your child from camp. All forms must be completed by the participant’s parent or guardian and submitted to the Summit on the Park front desk or emailed to the summer camp supervisor Opens in New Window . If you have any questions please call 734/394-5460.
- If you would like the form made available to you in an alternative format (email, large print, audible, braille, or other), please contact the Recreation Supervisor at 734/394-5460 or by email Opens in New Window .
Camp Canton 360 Tour
If you would like to view the rooms that Camp Canton uses, please view our 360 video (HTML Opens in a New Window) youtube link Opens in New Window youtube link youtube link youtube link . As you watch the video, you can click right or left on the photo to rotate around each room.
Rates & Dates
2020 Camp Season: Cancelled due to COVID-19
2021 Camp Season: Camp Themes and Dates will be announced in February 2021. Please refer to the Discover Brochure or Online Registration for complete details.
Registration for the 2021 Camp Season will be announced in February 2021. Camp Canton fills up quickly, sometimes within the first hour of registration, so please do not delay.
If a Camp is Full: If a camp that you are interested in is already full, please sign up for the waitlist and also browse some of our other camp options listed in the Discover brochure (HTML).
- TBA February 2021
- Available for those who register for a minimum of three full camp weeks
- Deposit required per child, per week
- Remaining balance taken on: June 1, July 1 or August 1, 2021
- $40 Cancellation/Transfer fee per child per week
- Must be submitted to the Summit on the Park front desk
- Must be submitted 14 days prior to being considered
- TBA February 2021
- The last week will have fewer spots available
2021 Important Dates
- May 15, 2021: Health Appraisal Form (PDF) Opens a New Window. - MUST be completed and returned to the Summit on the Park in order to be eligible for participation in Camp Canton. If you would like the form made available to you in an alternative format (email, large print, audible, braille, or other), please contact the Recreation Supervisor at 734/394-5460 or by email Opens a New Window. .
- Camp Open House: TBA
- Stop on by to meet the staff, pick up your Emergency Card, camp t-shirt and take a tour of camp!
Leadership & Staff
Camp Canton prides itself on hiring professional staff who enjoy spending their summer being around children. Camp Canton is licensed by the state of Michigan and complies with all aspects of their training. Additionally, all staff members are certified in CPR and First Aid.
Day Camp Counselors
We are looking for great staff to work at Camp Canton! Summer positions are posted by the end of January and interviews start soon after. Most positions start in May and June. Apply online for a fun filled summer!
Camp Doors Open
Board games, coloring & small activities
|8:30 am||Group Games||Summit Gym or Studio A|
|10 am||Outdoor Time
(Outdoor time is weather permitting)
|North or South Pavilion|
(No refrigeration or microwave available, lunches may be purchased from camp headquarters-please see camp headquarters for more details)
|North or South Pavilion|
|12:10 pm||Clean Up
Clean up outside and start moving back to camp headquarters
|12:30 pm||Pool or Library
(Library is weather permitting)
|Summit Aquatic Center or Canton Library|
|2:30 pm||Snack, Reading & Writing
(Please pack a snack daily for your camper)
|Studio B & C|
|3:15 pm||Craft or Gym Games||Studio B or Summit Gym|
|4:15 pm||Camp Canton Clubs||Studio B|
|5 pm||Board games, coloring & small activities||Studio A|
|6 pm||Camp Doors Close
Late fee of $1/minute after 6 pm
|Studio A, B & C|
Canton Leisure Services camps such as Camp Canton fill up quite quickly, some within the first hour of registration. So please do not delay with getting registered. If you have any advanced questions please call 734/394-5460.
Discover Brochure: Opens a New Window. all programs and camps for the Spring/Summer season are listed in our bi-annual Discover Brochure.
Registration: TBA February 2021
If Camp is Full: If a designated camp is full, please sign-up for the waitlist or browse our other themed camp options.
- Health Appraisal Informational Letter (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Health Appraisal Form (PDF) Opens a New Window. : MUST be completed and returned to the Summit on the Park no later than May 15, in order to be eligible for participation in Camp Canton.
- If you would like the form made available to you in an alternative format (email, large print, audible, braille, or other), please contact the Recreation Supervisor at 734/394-5460 or by email Opens a New Window. .
2021 Field Trips and Activities
Will be announced in Spring 2021
Discover Brochure: all Canton Leisure Services programs, classes, events and services are included in the bi-annual Discover program brochure. Offerings are available for all ages and interests.
Registration: program registration is available online and at the Summit on the Park front desk.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
If the Plymouth/Canton School District closes due to inclement weather during the school year (typically due to winter weather conditions), all Leisure Services Department programs/classes held prior to 4:00 pm will be canceled. For Leisure Services programs/classes that begin after 4:00 pm a determination to cancel will be made no later than 2:00 pm that day.
Leisure Services strives to offer inclusive recreation opportunities for all participants. If you would like to request an ADA accommodation or to request that a form/information be made available in an alternative format (email, large print, braille, audible or other) please contact our Recreation Supervisor at 734/394-5460 or by email.