Greater Canton Youth Baseball & Softball Association (GCYBSA)
GCYBSA is a partner with Canton and Plymouth Township and Plymouth Canton Community Schools and serves over 2200 players annually.
- Spring Leagues (April-June)
- Fall Baseball Leagues (mid Aug-Oct 10).
- Any player age 4-18 years, that lives in the City of Plymouth, Plymouth Township, Canton Township or attends any school in the Plymouth-Canton School District boundaries is eligible to play.
- These schools include the public, private, charter and home school programs.
- Players are placed on teams by grade and based on school attended or geographic location. GCYBSA also has competitive and travel programs and a fall baseball program.
- Visit the GCYBSA Website or call 734/394-5358.
Canton Cardinals Travel Baseball - GCYBSA
This is a community based travel baseball program with GCYBSA (Greater Canton Youth Baseball Softball Association.
Our Mission: Work Hard!
Our Goal: The Fundamentals Everyday!
Players play with passion and play for respect. For more information visit their website at:
Canton Cardinals Travel Baseball Website
Canton Little League Baseball
Any player who will reach the proper age before August 1, of the year in question shall be eligible to compete in Little League Baseball. Must have proof of residency, attend Plymouth-Canton School District and present a birth certificate. Visit the Canton Little League Website for more information.
- Tryouts to place all players on a team are held in March.
- League practices start in April with the league complete at the end of June followed by the All-Star tournaments in July.
Youth Baseball Camp
Coach Pat Watson brings over 20 years of coaching experience to the program. He is an 8 time coach of the year and served as head coach in the MHSBCA all star game Comerica Park. During his coaching career 38 of his players have gone on to play at the collegiate and professional level. The camp will consist of drills and skills that cover hitting, pitching, catching, throwing, offensive strategies, and defensive plays in game situations. Participants will enjoy fun contests and learn the proper mindset for young athletes to prepare themselves for playing sport of all kinds. Bring a sack lunch, water bottle, glove & shoes.
- Location: Canton Sports Center
- Ages: 7-14 yrs
- Time: 9 am - 2 pm
- Fee: $145M/$150R/$160NR
- Dates: Jul 16-20 M-F
- On-line registration
2018 Pitch, Hit & Run Baseball and Softball Skills Competition
Canton Leisure Services and GCYBSA have teamed up to offer the FREE MLB Pitch, Hit and Run Competition. Registration will begin at 6 p.m. No metal spikes are allowed. Bats and balls will be provided. Girls can elect to use softball. Players will compete in three contests: pitching, hitting and running the bases. Qualifiers will advance to sectional competition. Parents must register participant.
- Location: Canton Sports Center
- April 17, 2018 - Rain Date April 19, 2018
- Ages 7-14 years
- For more information please call 734/483-5600 or visit the GCYBSA Website at least two weeks prior to the event.
Take your child out to the ballpark! Swing away with this introductory baseball program. This adult-child class gives parents and players an opportunity to learn the basics of throwing, catching and hitting using age appropriate skill building equipment.
- Location: Heritage Park
- Fee: $60/R/$66NR
- Ages: 3-5 yrs
- 8115.100 - May 2-June 6 - Wed 5-6 pm
- Online Registration