Aquatic Center Update september 2022:
The Summit on the Park’s Aquatic Center is currently open to members and drop-in guests daily.
Here are a few things Summit members and guests should know for their next visit to the Aquatic Center:
- Summit Spa, Sauna, and Steam Room: these amenities are currently available during Aquatic Center hours, which are Monday – Friday from 6 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Parent/Tot Swim Times: These special timeslots are available on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. and are ideal for children 5 and younger to enjoy our Leisure Pool and water features in a relaxed and safe environment with a parent or grandparent. Please note that an adult is required to be in the water with his/her child at all times.
- Open Swim: Take advantage of our fun-filled water environment. All pools will be open for play, including the Lap pool, Leisure pool, Lazy River, and Water Slide. Please note: due to possible staffing shortages, access to amenities may be rotated between the Lazy River and Water Slide every 30 minutes.
- Sundays from 1:00-4:00 p.m.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Saturdays from 1:00-4:00 p.m.
- Lap Swim: Lap lanes will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis. At least one lane will be open for swimmers at all times. Lane sharing is expected and swimmers must circle swim counterclockwise or on their side of the lane.
The Summit's 13,340 square-foot Aquatic Center is home to a five-lane, 25-yard lap pool, zero-depth leisure pool with play features, a lazy river, and a slide. The Aquatic Center provides a safe environment in which participants can achieve their highest level of fitness through aquatic activity. Watch for programming for all ages and ability levels to be added in the coming weeks, including a variety of learn-to-swim programs, as well as fitness and water safety classes.
To learn more about the Summit on the Park Aquatic Center's programs, classes and events call 734/394-5460.
The Aquatic Center is a fun-filled water environment for people of all ages! The Aquatic Center features a:
- 5-lane, 25-yard lap pool (lanes range from 3 feet to 5 feet in depth)
- Lazy river and water slide
- Sauna room
- Steam room
- Zero-depth leisure pool with play features such as a 30-inch water slide
Aquatic Center Activities
The Aquatic Center is open approximately 100 hours per week for activities such as lap swimming, fitness classes, swimming lessons, and open swim. We offer everything from parent/child aquatic exploration to adult swim and fitness programs.
Aquatic Fitness Classes
The Summit on the Park offers a variety of aquatic fitness classes in both the lazy river and the lap pool. Classes include:
- Aqua Tone
- Arthritis Aqua
- Gentle Aqua
- Intense Aqua
- Aqua Deep
- Aqua Fit
- River Blast & Sculpt
- At least one lane will be open during all times that the aquatic center is open.
- Lap lanes can accommodate several swimmers and lane sharing is expected; please circle swim counterclockwise.
- Lap swimmers are required to swim continuous laps and cannot stop or stand in the lanes. Lifejackets and fitness equipment are not permitted in the lap pool; fins and hand paddles are permitted when there are no more than 2 people in a lane.
- It is recommended that guests wishing to swim laps come during lap swim only.
- During Lap Swim times guests must be at least 12 years old and will be expected to swim continuous laps. However if the child can pass a swim test they can remain lap swimming as long as the parent stays poolside.
Parent Tot Swim
- Modified sessions are the best times for parents with small children ages 5 and under, seniors and lap swimmers to enjoy our lap and leisure pools.
- The lap and leisure pools are usually open although classes may be conducted there.
- The water slide and lazy river will not be open and the features will not be on during any swim or fitness classes.
- All pools including the water slide, lazy river, and, leisure pool may be used for open swim activities.
- Under certain circumstances (such as slow times or staff shortages) the aquatic staff will alternate opening the slide and lazy river.
- For the most up-to-date information, please contact the Summit front desk at 734/394-5460.
- The lazy river is open for River Walking ONLY.
- No equipment or instructor is used. Walking will be in one direction only, as directed by the lifeguard on duty.
- For the safety of all guests, every 15 minutes lifeguards will direct participants to change walking directions.
- We strongly encourage guests to wear aqua shoes or white socks.
- River is approximately 60 yards around: 32 laps is one mile.