Low-interest disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration are available to businesses and residents in Michigan following the announcement of a Presidential disaster declaration due to severe storms, flooding, and tornadoes from June 25 - 26, 2021.
Businesses and private nonprofit organizations of any size may borrow up to $2 million to repair or replace disaster-damaged or destroyed real estate, machinery and equipment, inventory, and other business assets. Applicants may be eligible for a loan amount increase up to 20 percent of their physical damages, as verified by the SBA, for mitigation purposes. Eligible mitigation improvements may include a sump pump, elevation, French drain or retaining wall to help protect property and occupants from future damage caused by a similar disaster.
Applicants can learn more or apply online via SBA's secure website at:
COVID RELIEF GRANT/LOANS/PROGRAMs
Getting Your Business Started
Starting and/or operating a business takes a lot of resources and know-how. This is a one-stop shop for many of the helpful agencies that can assist your business in getting started. If you don't see something that you need, please contact our Economic Development office at 734-394-5229 for assistance.
- Canton Chamber of Commerce
- Canton Downtown Development Authority (DDA)
- Canton Public Library
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation
- Michigan Works
- Shop Canton
- Southeast Michigan Community Alliance Menu of Services (PDF)
Additional Links & Business Resources
- Ann Arbor Area SCORE - Resource Partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration
- Commerce Connect (PDF) - A U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC) initiative aimed at helping businesses connect with Commerce Department staff and programs
- Michigan Business Network
- Michigan Certified Development Corporation
- Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center
- Michigan Small Business and Technology Development Center
- Schoolcraft College: Business Development Center Services Overview (PDF)
- University of Michigan Center for Entrepreneurship
- Guide to Writing a Business Plan