- MSD Landing Pages
- Cityview Portal Help
Cityview Portal Help
The Canton CityView Portal allows you to submit a permit application online, check the status of a permit and pay fees. It saves travel time and allows you to monitor its process and pay fees from the convenience of your home or office. This help page will guide you through the registration process and applying for a permit. You will also find the answers to frequently asked questions.
You must register for a Canton Portal account to perform any of the permitting tasks.
Cityview Help Guides
Available Online Permits
There are several types of building permits that can be applied for online.
- Electrical Services (Residential)
- Mechanical Permit (Residential)
- Plumbing Permit (Residential)
Electrical and Plumbing permit fees can be immediately paid after you submit the application online. Mechanical permits will have to be reviewed first by our building clerks. After one of our clerks has reviewed your application, you will receive an email to proceed with paying the fees if all information on the permit is correct.
To access any permit that you have submitted online, log onto the CityView Portal, click on ‘MY ITEMS’ and expand the ‘My Permit Applications’ section.
- I registered but did not receive my registration email. Now what do I do?
- When Do I Need a Permit?
- What are the requirements of the Homeowner?
- If I hire a contractor, who is responsible for obtaining the permit?
- What Determines the Cost of a Permit?
- How do I request an inspection on my permitted work?
- My contractor is not showing up when I am adding my contacts, or the contractor has more than one address?
- I am a trade contractor listed on several building permits. Can I use the portal to check inspection results even if my builder does not use the portal?
- How do I edit / add information once the permit has been submitted?
- Is there a Phone App for the CityView Portal?
- Can there be more than one person linked as the contractor under one license number?
- What is the turnaround time for trade permits submitted on the portal?
- I have an inspection today, what time will the inspector be at my house?
- Can I pull a trade permit before submitting a building permit application for on a project that requires a building permit?