Live Well Canton 2020
New Program Kick-Off
Canton Township invites you to join this special community initiative to make health and wellness a top priority in the New Year and "Live Well Canton 2020!"
Ask yourself what can be accomplished in the expanse of a year? What sort of change can we affect? What sort of transformation are we capable of? As an individual? As a community? That’s what a new year often calls for. Thee close of one chapter and the fresh start of another. With this sentiment in mind, Canton Supervisor Pat Williams poses a challenge to this community.
In partnership with Canton’s Leisure Services Department, we will commit to 12 months of healthy, incremental changes, to the many different corners of our very busy lives. Through the new Live Well Canton initiative, we’ll explore ways to take advantage of this community’s plentiful parks, trails, facilities, and resources in an effort to live a healthier, more balanced life, taking time to focus on our mind, body, environment, and this Township.
Join us as we kick off this renewed commitment to our wellness this January, as the first month focuses on healthy weight management and the transition away from sedentary tendencies this time of year.
How Can You Get Started This January?
- Check out the Summit on the Park’s membership specials Opens in New Window
- Spend some time looking through the multitude of opportunities to get moving in the latest DISCOVER brochure Opens in New Window
- Follow Canton Leisure Services on Facebook Opens in New Window for goal-setting worksheets, 30-day fitness challenges and more.
Are you ready to commit to 12 months to a healthier you and a healthier Canton? Join the movement and let's get started!
American Obesity Epidemic/Healthy Weight Management/Goal Setting
Did You Know?
- 34% of Adults, and 15-20% of children are considered obese
- Obesity can lead to illnesses from chronic to acute, some very severe, such as Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Coronary Artery Disease, Heart Attack, Stroke, and Cancer
Here are several programs that will help combat these health challenges.